With less than five days until Father’s Day, time is ticking to find that perfect gift. Luckily, the Youth Interactive Shop has got you covered.
Here is a list of 8 great gifts that are perfect for dad and available NOW in the YI Shop! Let us help you show your father how much he means to you!
You can’t go wrong with a cute card filled with a little love and words of affirmation. Because let’s face it, we can never truly tell him enough times how much we love and appreciate him. These cards are made by Wrinkle and Crease and are homemade and eco-friendly!
2. Give dad a little Santa Barbara love, with our CA-themed shirts! My dad got one of the LIVE Santa Barbara shirts in the rust color last time he was in town, and let me tell you, he wears it all the time! It is so cute. Our California bear shirts are a best seller and make for great gifts, especially if your dad doesn’t live in Santa Barbara (or does and loves a little SB pride!)
3. Who says that dads can’t be hip? Grab one of these hand-loomed cashmere scarves from Slate and Salt! These scarves are extremely soft and pair very well with our Santa Barbara shirts (see pictured).
Not to mention, each one is made in Pokhara, Nepal by blind, deaf, or disabled weavers who are learning how to become personally and financially independent through weaving. What a cool gift! These scarves are going quick, though, so hurry over to get one for your dad! (or yourself too for that matter?)
4. While we’re on the topic of apparel, check out these hats from Freedom 4 Youth! The hats come in a snapback style or in a more classic “dad-hat” style. With summer starting, what better gift than a hat? Plus, every purchase of F4Y goods supports the local non-profit and their mission for helping and supporting at-promise youth in our community!
5. Does your dad like art? Mine has covered almost every wall in the house with some sort of painting or photo. Can you relate? Well luckily, here at YI, we know art, and we have A LOT of it available for you. The pieces pictures are by one of our students, Jack Miles. These, along with many other student works, are on display just waiting to be added to your father’s in-house collection!
6. Speaking of art, each of these photos are mounted on wood and are absolutely stunning. The artist, Tim Davison, has traveled all over the world as a wildlife artist, educator, filmmaker, and speaker to share about the importance of conservation and sustainability. The pieces for sale include pictures of giraffes, zebras, monkeys, elephants, and more.
7. A classic, but can you ever go wrong with coffee? Give your dad a little extra of a reason to think of you every morning as he makes himself a cup.
This coffee is from Dart Coffee Co., a Santa Barbara based company. Every bag of Dart coffee is ethically sourced and fair-trade. They work with small-lot indigenous farmers to create delicious, ethical coffee.
8. Last but definitely not least is my favorite gift idea for Father’s Day this year. Each of the products pictured (the two tables, wine bottle holder, and bowls) are repurposed from old wine barrels by one of our student businesses, Resurrected by Youth! RBY is made up of a group of boys at Los Prietos Boys Camp who are taught carpentry skills. Each purchase helps provide the boys with an income once they leave the camp.