remind theresa to change these pictures!
Each of our youth led microbusinesses allow youth to put their creativity and skills to work, build a resume, learn valuable entrepreneurial skills, and gain real life work while earning school credit and a paycheck.
We offer a happy creative after school environment. Our professional programs give youth 14-24 a transformational set of real life skills and resources to address Common Core learning standards.
We limit our total enrollment to 90 students in order to provide and connect each youth with the services they need to explore the potential pathways towards their dreams.
The “Get It Done Program” was created to bridge the opportunity divide and help all YI students be life and college ready.
In 2015 we began working on the vision of our biggest overarching Program with the goal to bridge the opportunity divide for our youth. The “Get It Done Program” serves all our students with all the extra curricular support and access to opportunities that will enable them to bridge the opportunity divide. This by far is our most transformational program with the potential to positively impact every one of our students each and every year!
YI limits total enrollment to 90 students in order to provide or connect each youth with the services they need. For youth who live in poverty, are on probation, are homeless, or struggle in school, YI provides:
- A safe meaningful place where they are respected for their contributions and develop mentoring relationships so important to teens;
- An opportunity to have a voice through exhibitions, commercial services, and business management;
- The respect and responsibility of paid employment that promotes self-esteem and financial accountability.
- Educational experiences and support that encourage academic achievement.
- High school students earn School Credits for taking part in YI Programming which helps them graduate
- Being part of YI will help youth on probation by allowing them to work off probation community service and prove that they are on the right path to positive behavior patterns, which will be taken in consideration in their profile assessment.